Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Knitted Washcloths/ Dishclothes

I have been knitting my own dishcloths for sometime. I am a beginner knitter and am self taught over the internet. Once I got the hang of it, it was very easy.

In our never ending quest to simplify our lives I have found that knitting is a good skill as well as a wonderful method of relaxing in the evening time. I like to think that anything you can make for yourself at home is a wonderful alternative to store bought items. Not to mention that these cloths make wonderful Christmas presents.

Knitting is rather easy to do, there are lots of great tutorials and videos on the internet to help you get started.

Here are a few of my favorite knitted dishcloth knitted washcloth patterns.

PurlBee -Wedding Washclothes

Rainy K dishclothes

Homespun Living - Waffle knit dishcloth

Dishcloth Pattern Corner ( They update their site often with new free patterns)

Dish and Wash Cloth Mania

Rigid Ribbon Dishcloth- Down to Earth

Groovy Mom

Once you learn how to knit or crochet your own dish/wash cloths you will never go back to store bought again.

10 comments:

Knit Geek said...

I've been making my own dishcloths for years. My favorite is this pattern: http://www.groovy-mom.com/crafty/patterns/dishcloth.shtml. They make up fast. Plus - the same pattern can be used for lots of other things. Baby blankets (great gifts), pillow covers (make 2, weave a matching ribbon through the border to hold them together over a pillow form or other fabric-covered pillow), potholders (knit with 2 or 3 strands held together to get a good thickness).

Farmer's Daughter said...

I agree that knitting is a great way to relax at night. I'm currently knitting a neckwarmer in an ocean blue color. If you can knit a rectangle/dishcloth/scarf you can make a neckwarmer. I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

Mimi said...

Thanks for the knitting links. I tried to comment on the post above about the meat paste and strawberry yogurt comparison -- Gross! -- but something went wrong with blogger.

Julieann said...

I want to do this---I can crochet pretty good--I can't knit though:) Great tip/post!

Julieann

Girl Tornado said...

I passed on some of these links to my sister, who is a knitter extraordinaire!!! :)

I figure it's a good hint and maybe she'll make some for me.

Anonymous said...

I used to knit years ago. I may have to try it again. The dishcloths and washcloths would make great gifts.

Have a good day.
Pam

Cat said...

I started teaching myself how to knit last year, but it has sort of fallen by the wayside with everything else going on.
You've inspired me to get back into it once we are finished moving & start unpacking.

Cheers,
Cate

www.momentsofwhimsy.wordpress.com

Angelena said...

Thank y'all for you kind comments. I appreciate them and look forward to visiting your blogs soon♥

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just wanted to show my appreciation for your time and hard work

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.