Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Canning Jar Labels.

Canning season never really quite ends for us here on the farm. In the spring and summer we are canning lots of fruits and veggies in the fall and winter we can be seen canning game and butchering hogs and cattle for our winters supply of meat.

I usually use a simple black permanent marker to label my jars but there are some great canning labels on the net for free to print off. These would make for some lovely homemade gift jars of canned goodies or jar mixes for Christmas.

Vintage Design Labels - has wonderful labels that look old fashioned. They are in pdf so you can edit them too.

Rainbow Row Graphics - has some great homemade gifts tag assortment for canning jars.

Detailed canning labels - offer a lot of information on their label. Name, date, packing method, processing time, altitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely have a look at those labels. I'm always looking for new ways to decorate my preserves, especially when they are for gifts.

Kate

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for some of these 2 days ago! I also found these that are cute too -- http://asonomagarden.wordpress.com/ (look to the right sidebar).