Sunday, November 23, 2008

Deer season menu 2008 Breakfast and Dinner


Photo - My dad and Levi 2006

I have always cooked a huge Thanksgiving dinner here at home. The boys and hubby look forward to it each and every year. The first week of deer season is also Thanksgiving week - so there is no school. All my boys are avid hunters which leaves me home to myself most of the week- except for mealtimes. I get to sleep in all week (yay) and I make a big batch of homemade biscuits with sausage or bacon so they can get off to a good start.
I always try to make it a point to have on hand homemade goodies and treats that they can easily pack with them. The meals at night are hearty and filling especially on Thurday (Thanksgiving - I will be posting that menu later on because it is a whopper)
Here is some of the things I am planning on making this year:

Breakfast- bacon biscuits, sausage biscuits, pancakes, eggs

Dinner:

Homemade chili with cornbread


Deer steak (of course)
mashed potatoes & gravy or fried potatoes and onions
some type of vegetable dish
brown beans
biscuits or cornbread
salad or homecanned fruit
*this menu will probably repeat on another night- after all I have 4 hunters in the house*

Breakfast for dinner - this is usually on Wednesday night -so I don't have any leftovers for Turkey day.

Thanksgiving day - menu will be posted later

Friday - Saturday and usually Sunday - turkey day leftovers!

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Sounds like a lovely week! Wishing you a joyful Thanksgiving,
Lea