Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fall Cleanup

Happy Wednesday everyone. I have been cleaning the house today. Don't you just love the feeling you get when your house is clean and all your work is done? I sure do!

Levi and Luke will start school on Tuesday and Jake will start on Wednesday. I will be starting my Fall cleaning. It is the same as Spring cleaning, but more like getting ready for winter time instead of summer. Here are some things I like to do during Fall cleanup.
  • de- clutter (amazing what can get cluttered up during the lazy days of summer)
Here is a breakdown pretty much

Outside
  • drain pool and put away for winter
  • clean and wash all summer toys and put away
  • check guttering
  • plant flower bulbs (for next spring)
  • give the porches a good scrub down for winter
  • deep clean grill ( after the last grill down of the season)
  • clean out garden and flower beds
  • Make sure everything is nice and tidy and picked up.
Kitchen/ dining room
  • clean out cupboards
  • make sure to have all my baking supplies on hand ( I love to bake in the fall/ winter)
  • do a deep clean of the kitchen
Bedrooms
  • exchange summer clothes for winter ones ( purging the ones that the boys have outgrown)
  • decide what needs bought clothes wise for this winter
  • deep clean rooms ( I am wanting to repaint the boys' bedrooms)
  • wash blankets and quilts - hang on the line to sun - I love the smell of line dried clothes
Bathrooms
  • purge medicine cabinet of any expired medicine
  • make sure we have tylenol, cold and cough medicine etc
  • deep clean
Living Room
  • Deep clean
  • hang the heavier winter drapes
  • clean out the woodstove, chimney and pipes
Garage:
  • clean out birdfeeders
  • stock up on birdseed
  • put away garden tools and bring out the winter tools- snow shovel, ice melter, etc
  • check seals on garage door
  • wash the windows
  • sweep the floor
  • tidy up - Thane has a lot of his tools in the garage so I don't deep clean it.
There are lots of other things to do as well, this will give you and idea.

Do you winterize your home? What do you do?

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

That is funny....I'm doing the fall cleaning also. I've been decluttering and mopping all day....

The Proverbs Wife said...

I will need to get started on clearing out the summer clothes very soon but it's still too warm. I will also be tidying up the gardens and planting Fall plants.

I will do a final lawn mowing, edging and winterize the grass.