Monday, February 16, 2009

Summertime and the living is easy- - -

Ah how I long for the lazy days of summer... Did I just say that? Summer is one busy time here on the farm. There is gardening, canning, mowing the yard, haymaking. But then again there is swimming, fishing, picnics, -- ahh I miss summertime. The long evenings sitting on the porch swing listening to crickets, frogs and whippoorwills, the afternoons filled with snapping beans on the porch swing until you walk outside and someone else decides to take the dog days of summer literally on my porch swing. Lazy Dog!!

9 comments:

Judy T said...

Love that dog picture! It looks like something mine would do. I can't wait for warmer weather.
Judy

Farmer's Daughter said...

I'm ready for summer, too! I actually find myself bored now. I suppose I should just enjoy the time, but today I actually did our taxes, just so I had something to do! (I'm on vacation from school this week...)

HermitJim said...

Well, I'd be glasd to send ya some of this Texas weather, if ya want! In the 70s every day this week,50 in the night.

The nephew's garden is already planted and some seeds are coming up...that's a typical Febuary here!

Enjoying your blog...

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Ahhh..I too miss the dog days of summer!
I'm counting the hours...

Nancy M. said...

Great picture! Last week was like summer around here. It was so warm we were in shorts, but this week it's like 25 degrees cooler.

Carol Murdock said...

Aren't our animal friends just the most wonderful entertainment ever?
We are constantly catching ours in crazy poses !

QuiltedSimple said...

Your dog has the right idea! I cannot WAIT for summer to get here....even as busy as it will be!
Kris

The Wife said...

Well he was just too tired to even pull that hind end up there!

I can't wait for the summer!

granny said...

Hey,you can have my summer,Im over it!!!Im waiting for Autumn,nice and cool!!And winter,I can light the fuel stove !! YAY :0)