- Sledding - of course, the boys love to go sledding and come in to cups of hot chocolate by the fire.
- Animal tracking- living in the country you never know what kinds of tracks you will find in the snow. Rabbit, raccoon, turkey, bear, deer, coyote are just a few. My dad gave the boys a book on animal tracks a few years back and they use it every winter- although they are getting good enough that they only reference the book on occasion now when a disagreement comes up.
- Building snowmen
- Building snow forts and having snow battles
- Cuddling up with a good book for the weekend. Paperback swap is my favorite free book swap I have used it for years and never a complaint.
- Baking- mmm, there is something about the winter months that make me want to bake.
- Crafting- quilting, cross stitching, knitting....
- playing cards and games with my boys.
- taking photos of the snow covered trees and wilderness.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Snow fall fun
There is something about snow that sends a peace though my soul. Although I am the worlds biggest chicken when it comes to driving on the stuff (I tend to hibernate during snowstorms) there are lots of fun things to do at home.